New Job Title: SAHM

Friday, July 18, 2014

Last Friday was my last day in my cubical, in the corporate world, under florescent lights with no window, doing a job that I hated.  I quit my job and walked out with no regrets. 

I came home and celebrated my last day with Vinny.  Over ice cream, of course.


This decision did not come easy and was discussed time and time again in our house.  With 2 kids attending daycare, the cost that entails along with the time not spent with them did not outweigh my biweekly paycheck.  Life is short.  Our babies are only babies for so long.  These are the best days of our lives and I don't want to miss a beat being stuck in an office, doing a job that I don't love.  So after some number crunching and some serious thought and consideration Chris & I decided that I will stay home.

I'm ecstatic and am in love with this decision.  Being home with my babies also means that I can focus and pursue my photography more.  It's what I truly love to do and I'm hoping this opportunity allows me to further that career.  It's been my dream for years to be able to stay home while pursuing photography and now it's all coming true.  I couldn't be happier.  Life is good.

Altho I know staying home with 2 kids is going to have it's challenges, I'm completely ready to face them.  There are days where it's going to be hard.  But the days making memories with my kids far outweigh those tough days.  There's nowhere I'd rather be than home.

1 comment:

Freckles Chick said...

Being a SAHM is hard. But so is being a mom who works outside of the home & I think about that on the tough days of SAHMing....& I realize every time that there's no other place I'd rather be than home with my kid. I'm SO happy for you & this next phase & if there's anyone who will rock at this, it's you.

xoxo

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger