Just the 3 of us ... For Now

Monday, July 21, 2014

Things are setting in.  Stuff is starting to feel real.  The fact that it won't be just the 3 of us anymore is something I'm finally grasping.

Last Saturday our little family went to dinner at Cossettas (which if you live in Mpls/St. Paul, you know it's the best Italian place, like ever.)  We ate outside upstairs because the weather couldn't be more perfect.  Vinny loved watching the cars drive by down below and pointed out ever motorcycle and pedal pub that went by.  I overindulged in pasta and salad and, of course, we all topped our scrumptious dinner off with gelato as true Italians would.  We took our time walking back to our car (and by that I mean C&V walked slower for my 9 month pregnant self) and in that moment I realized this was our last dinner out together as a family of three.  This was it.  The next time we venture out for anything whether it be dinner, shopping or running errands there will be 4 of us.  Four.  Another member to our family. 

I can't wrap my head around the fact that on Friday we'll have another son or will be welcoming a daughter.  Although with the hospital bag 80% packed, the pack n' play out and assembled in the living room, the nursery finished, the diapers loaded at the changing table and the newborn car seat already loaded in my truck, it feels like Friday is months away still. 

The next few days are going to fly by so I'm positive Thursday night will be a reality check prior to falling asleep.  Tomorrow is Vinny and mama day.  Weather permitting we'll enjoy the day at the splash pad and top it off with lunch together.  I want to get in one last day of just Vinny and I before this baby comes.  I owe it to Vinny, and myself.  It's going to be bittersweet that's for certain.  Wednesday C's parents are flying in - I can't wait.  I'm so thankful to have such awesome in-laws.  They will be staying and helping out with baby #2 for the first few weeks.  Thursday Chris has taken the day off work so all of us can get any last minute things done.  My mother in law and I will be indulging in mani/pedis.  I can't wait to get my sausage feet and hands rubbed and massaged.  Once that's complete, I'll feel 100% ready.  I think.  I hope.  Then, Friday, at 5:00 a.m. we will be arriving at the hospital to get this show on the road. 

Until then, I'm soaking up my time with my little family of three. 


1 comment:

Freckles Chick said...

Eeeee!! The time flew (for me) & I can't wait to meet the little one! I'll be waiting with bated (wine-tinged) breath for the news on Friday. Much love to you & baby in the days ahead!

xoxo

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger